Do not forget:
- a well-read copy of In Stahlgewittern or Storm of Steel
- a well-read copy of Das Begleitbuch zu In Stahlgewittern
- a notebook or another notebook and pencil
- IGN maps
- all would preferably "fit snugly" into a map-case, as Jünger writes about his own diary notebook.
- heavy-duty shoes (the car-mat will get muddy)
- waterproof clothes
and the last things before leaving the hotel, B & B, camping etc:
- a bottle of water
- a lunch package - perhaps only hot coffee in a thermos and a fresh baked baguette - it is not always easy to getting lunch at the French countryside...
- and finally, do not forget to have a phone number to a local car towing company or to somebody who knows how to find somebody local with a tractor...